Accidents happen to the best of us, whether we drive a truck, convertible or livery vehicle. This is why we have coverage in place! As a livery vehicle operator, you know that your livery insurance will be there to take care of the damages and liability issues, but you do have your own set of responsibilities, too.
If you are involved in an accident and your livery vehicle is wrecked, it is important to remember a few things:
1. Make sure everyone is okay and call for medical attention if needed.
2. The livery operator MUST provide a full description of the facts and loss, as soon as possible.
3. Take photos of any physical damage to the other vehicles.
4. Secure law enforcement reports.
5. Always identify ALL parties to the loss (other drivers, occupants of your livery vehicle, other individuals, etc.)
6. Collect all witnesses and claimant’s personal information. The personal information you will need: insurance information, name, address, driver’s license, phone number.
7. Document and keep a record of all the time and expenses associated with the loss of vehicle, repair damages, tow and storage costs, deductibles, etc.
8. Comply with your company’s drug testing policy as soon as possible.
9. Notify Dispatch and arrange to have your client transported to their final destination if they are not injured.
Losing your livery vehicle will be an inconvenience, but having the proper livery insurance in place will make this incident much easier to deal with. Never hesitate to reach out to us at Wolpert Insurance. We would be happy to speak with you about your options and supply you with a free quote!